Saturday, May 31, 2008

Shannon's Irish Pub

Despite having some obvious Irish ancestry, I believe this was the first time I've visited an Irish restaurant. Shannon's Irish Pub, in Julington Creek, serves up traditional Irish food alongside some typical American fare and has a full bar.

I was a little disappointed by the small scope of the menu and there were many items I felt ought to have been included. Regardless, there's still a fair bit of typical "pub food" for any Anglos craving the food of their youth.

mulligatawny soup


We shared a bowl of Mulligatawny Soup and Bangers and Mash. The soup was pleasantly seasoned and the meal was hearty. One definite plus is that, while I was incredibly full after the meal, there wasn't enough oil, grease, and syrup to send me into insulin shock and give me that disturbing sensation that all of my fat cells are swelling.

I have to admit that we went here because we were sweaty from walking a trail and our attire was not entirely appropriate for some of the nicer places in the immediate vicinity of the Bartram Oaks Plaza. However, it was a nice experience, the food was great, and I didn't have to eat anything for the next 24 hours.

bangers and mash


Shannon's Irish Pub
111 Bartram Oaks Walk
Jacksonville, FL 32259
904-230-9670

Shannon's Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Epicurean Jax said...

Go to Culhane's. Seriously. Try the Shepard's Pie. Even if you don't think you like Shepard's Pie. I love the Leek Soup and, actually everything I have ever had there. Anyone I have told to go there comes back with a positive experience and, even if they live across town, they begin to find excuses to visit Atlantic Beach.

Kateri said...

@ Epicurean Jax
Thanks for the suggestion and shout out, we really do appreciate it. We were trying to figure out where to go for St. Patty's Day and Culhane's seems like just the place.

Epicurean Jax said...

Things get crazy there on St. Paddy's. I've been there for New Years, but I had a reservation. Let me know how it went, I know they get a huge crowd and have to cook in bulk that day.