Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cami Cakes Cupcakes - Jacksonville, FL

I first discovered Cami Cakes shortly after they opened their first location in the Orange Park Mall. I was immediately drawn in by adorable shop front, but before I could even utter the word "cute", my husband was cursing the very exsistance of cupcakes saying that the icing is always the overly sugary whipped variety and that the cake is almost always dry. And he was right, having tried many different bakeries and bakery departments' cupcakes over the years, I had come to the conclusion long ago that I just don't really like cupcakes. And so when I went into Cami Cakes' new location on the Southside to get a couple of cupcakes for a friend's birthday party, I was thoroughly prepared for disappointment.



Boy, was I wrong. The cupcakes were delicious and beautifully decorated. I can honestly say that I have never in my life had a better tasting cupcake, homemade or otherwise. We tried two varieties, the Sweet Potato (made with real sweet potato!) and the Mint Chocolate. I can't say we had a favorite, as they were both amazing in their own right.




As I was taking a couple of the cupcakes to a party, I had the cakes boxed up to go, but there is seating available. And as the shop is located right next to Tinseltown, it's a great place to go after a movie to enjoy a sweet and some conversation.

Cami Cakes
Located in The Shoppes at Tinseltown and the Orange Park Mall
904.541.1095

Cami Cakes on Urbanspoon

No comments: